Saturday 12 April 2014

Frogspawn update by Charlie

On Monday 7th April year five started their bike ability course. As my group came back past Moorhens someone noticed some frogspawn in a puddle then it dawned to me that when the puddle dries up the tadpoles will die…..

So, at break time, I told Mrs Glare and we took a tub and some paper to help rescue the tadpoles. Then carefully we fished them out of the puddle. By now we had attracted quite a crowd, who had seen me and Mrs Glare on our hands and knees and come to investigate what we were up to.

Once we had all of the frogspawn out of the puddle and in the tub I carried the frogspawn to the pond. Then carefully I tipped the frogspawn into the pond and it dropped to the bottom. Mrs Glare said it will take a little while till it floats to the surface because the oxygen would have to get into the frogspawn so it could float to the surface. After that I went to the kitchen and asked for some lettuce to feed the tadpoles with. The lettuce had to be really small so that they could eat it.

Soon play time was over and we went back into class as if nothing had happened! I felt proud after what I had done.

By Charlie Y5

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

An excellent article. Very thoughtful of you Charlie!