Wednesday 4 February 2015

Moorhenge Stonehenge Paperhenge !

Today in Class 3 we learnt about Stone circles from the Stone age.

We recreated our own circle so it looked like Stonehenge.

The children christened it either Moorhenge or Paperhenge!!!

The children really enjoyed their work today and it was great fun too!


I have tried to upload photos but I think I've saved them in the wrong format so I will try again tomorrow!

If any of the children read this post it would be great if they could comment and say what they have learnt today.

3 comments:

Billy Hawkins said...

Hi I really enjoyed the work. Here is some sentences and questions about Stonehenge.Why was Stonehege built?Although it's one of the world's most famous monuments, the prehistoric stone circle known as Stonehenge remains shrouded in mystery. Built on Salisbury Plain in Wiltshire, England, Stonehenge was constructed in several stages between 3000 and 1500 B.C., spanning the Neolithic Period to the Bronze Age.When was Stonehenge built?Construction started: 2600 BC

Joedh said...

Hello Mr Winter how are you doing?
I enjoyed making paperhenge!
I leant all about stonehenge,
Like why did they build it.
I know that the blue stones came from wales,and there are three circles in one henge.
Thanks for telling me such interesting facts.
See you on Monday.
Daya is buiding Stonehenge out of play dough!
Joedh


































George said...

To Mr. Winter,
Please can we go on a school trip to stone circle. Can we also bring our school science books to draw pictures of the rocks there.
When you get this message please reply.
From George.