Tuesday 10 May 2016

Climate Action Awards

Taking action for climate change is important at home, but it's just as important at school.

Children taking part in the RSPB Climate Action Awards have been keen to take action. They have spread the message using posters and our club's noticeboard, they have been proactive checking taps, thermometers and lights, they have organised the composting bins and have planted seeds to form wildflower beds.





This morning more 'Greening our School' took place. The school pond is very active with tadpoles at present, helping protect this wildlife area of the school is part of our award action.





Mrs Glare said: "Well done children, you are all doing your bit to help combat climate change."

5 comments:

Joedh said...

I really enjoy doing climate award. There is no bit I hate.

Arjuna said...

I really enjoyed doing climate award and it was worth coming in at 8 o clock to paint the fence. I am always checking the temperature at home and in school.

Daya said...

I really enjoyed doing everything at Climate award! My favourite thing was painting the fences. Everyone got a little bit messy!

Lily + Thomas Y3 said...

I really enjoyed painting yesterday and I hope that I can do this forever in my primary school life. I am really excited for the assembly and awards! A massive thank you to Mrs Glare and the RSPB.

sophia.c said...

I loved painting the fence and planting seeds